TITLE: APPLICATIONS ENGINEER
INDUSTRY: LOGISTICS / MATERIALS HANDLING
AREA: Kansas City
Our client, a leading Material Handling Logistic design firm, designs, develops and implements solutions, has commissioned Sterling St. James, LLC to help them secure a top material handling engineer to supplement their staff of engineers.
For over 50 years, this company has designed, engineered and implemented logistics management solutions for numerous businesses, large and small, in order to increase distribution efficiency. The company provides fully integrating multi-million-dollar systems, retrofitting existing systems...cutting edge solutions in material handling, logistics management, supply chain management, value chain management, industrial automation, and more.
They offer only the most technologically advanced equipment that meets the highest standards of performance, quality and safety. Their pre-engineered products come from many of the best manufacturers and, if necessary, additional equipment is custom fabricated to meet the job requirements.
They provide operational analysis, system engineering, system installation, project management, training, start-up assistance and ongoing support.
This is a dynamic innovative company consistently upgrading the standards in the field.
- Recommend, develop and implement safety related activities/programs for the manufacturing plant.
- Maintain expert level of product knowledge and application.
- Articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
- Provide design and specification development support to internal and external project stakeholders.
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Listen, comprehend, and convey customer requirements.
- Conduct Quality Control Audits both prior to submittal of equipment orders and after receipt of vendor order acknowledgements.
- Perform technical product training for sales people, estimators, and other engineers.
- Propose changes in equipment, processes, functionality or use of materials or services which would result in cost reduction or improvement in operations for customers.
- Provide an installation plan to the project management team.
- Provide solutions to resolve customer issues or difficulties in a professional and expeditious manner.
- Maintain professional business relationships with clients and vendors.
- Identify customer's needs and opportunities to help future growth.
- Provide quotations and enters orders for products or services as needed.
- Thorough understanding of conveyance methods applied to distribution centers.
- Generate an accurate bill of material based upon the project.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering.
- 3–5 Years of experience
- Demonstration of a broad engineering skill set
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Proficient in AutoCAD or 3D Modeling software.
- Strong communication, Interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Read architectural, mechanical and electrical blueprints and have a
solid understanding of electrical, mechanical, and control systems.
- Available for Travel as needed (up to 50%)
- Customer Service or Sales Support experience.
- Proven Project Management skills.
- Application Experience with Material Handling Equipment.
- Understanding of emerging technology related to Material Handling Equipment.
If you feel you are qualified and are ready to move, send your resume in MS Word format as an attachment for immediate consideration.
This is a solid position with an opportunity to be closely involved in the manufacture of commercial door systems and equipment and impact the success of the company. The company appreciates your effort and results. Please send your resume to us for details!