Batch & Furnace Manager
Your Role with the Company:
The Batch & Furnace Manager will be responsible for supervising the operation of the furnace and batch mixing facilities ensuring consistent quality glass through the most efficient use of energy, equipment and manpower.
What you will be doing:
• Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment consistent with company policies and procedures, while striving for zero accidents.
• Perform administrative duties necessary for the effective management of the department, including the selection and development of employees, salaried and budget administration, labor relations, cost control, monitoring of department performance, and maintaining timely and accurate reporting.
• Direct and supervise departmental employees, and control maintenance and preventative maintenance of area, including furnace, batch and cullet operations.
• Monitor and control established procedures, policies, and quality standards utilized in glass melting, refining, and ingredients used in batches.
• Maintain an effective working relationship within the department and with other departments ensuring effective and timely communication.
• Comply with Environmental and Food Safety standards as set forth in plant policies/programs within Department responsibilities.
What you will need:
• BS degree in Engineering from an accredited 4 year school.
• At least 2 to 4 years Batch & Furnace supervisory experience in a glass manufacturing plant.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities and strong interpersonal skills at all levels of the organization.
• Basic computer skills including Microsoft applications.
Why Work here?
This Company is a dynamic and profitable multi-Billion dollar company that is driven by excellence.
• This is a progressive, continually profitable, stable manufacturing company where you will have job security.
• Leader in their industry.
• Growing through acquisition
• Capital spending remains strong. Have invested millions of dollars in its plants for capital improvements.
• The plant is nice, clean and well-maintained.
• Manufactures a consumer product that is consistently in demand.
• Strong management team.
• This company values its employees.
• Competitive benefit package including medical, dental, life and disability, 401K, pension, vacation, holidays.
• Comprehensive relocation package grossed-up for taxes including closing costs and realtors fees, moving of household belongings and home purchase if desired.
• Good and consistent bonus potential year after year.
• Excellent opportunities for advancement.