Compass Systems and Sales LLC is seeking a full time CAD Designer - Electrical for our Barberton, Ohio location.
Compass Systems is a world leader in providing highly engineered Pneumatic & Mechanical Material Handling Systems that provide segregation capabilities for the various alloys of aluminum scrap produced by the automobile industry, in the high volume automotive OEM and Tier #1 & #2 supplier production environments.
With a solid track record of success and a “True Turn-Key” solutions driven approach, Compass Systems has expanded its reach within its automotive customers and the general industrial markets (pulp and paper, converting, agriculture, etc.) to include state-of-the-art related systems and processes (i.e. Hinged Belt Conveyors, End of Line Conveyors, Integrated Dust Collection Systems).
The CAD Designer - Electrical is responsible for creating electrical controls designs and bills of material for our custom machinery. These designs must follow both our own specifications as well as any customer specifications. The CAD Designer - Electrical will work with engineers and project managers in order to complete projects on time and within schedule.
- Design solutions to match code requirements and customer specifications.
- Select appropriate electrical control hardware.
- Select and size wire and cable.
- Interpret and incorporate code requirements from NEC/ NFPA/ IEC/ ANSI/ NEMA.
- Develop single line and three line diagrams.
- Performs design document management/maintenance, including design libraries and revision control.
- Maintain effective communication between project managers and controls engineers to keep the flow of project maintained.
- Associate Degree in Engineering or Design.
- Minimum 2+ year Autocad experience. Autocad Electrical and/or ePlan is a plus.
- Knowledge of Siemens and/or Allen-Bradley controls.
- Understanding of fundamental principles of electrical schematics.
- Competent and knowledgeable about design / drafting principles.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
WHY A CAREER WITH COMPASS?
- Growing organization
- Cutting edge technology
- Collaborative work environment
- 9/80 Work schedule (every other Friday off!)
Compass Systems and Sales is an Equal Opportunity Employer