As a Site Construction Engineer, you will manage all phases of the project and work performed by Compass Systems subcontractors and vendors, ensuring the work is completed within the project budget and on schedule, with an emphasis on quality and safely.
Projects are mainly performed at large industrial manufacturing plants in the United States.
This job will require significant travel and individuals will be located at job sites where construction projects are ongoing. Duration at one site can vary from 1 week to 1 year depending on the scope and nature of the project.
Job Location: Various locations in continental US
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Reporting to and communicating with the following: Compass Systems Senior Construction Manager, the Owner, Design Consultants, subcontractors, and vendors
- Arranging and leading required meetings including pre-construction, progress and safety meetings
- Writing and approving meeting minutes and daily reports
- Document control
- Monitoring administrative procedures including, but not limited to, safety, invoicing, contract change management, and labor relations
- Acting as the single point of contact with subcontractors and vendors on behalf of Compass Systems & Sales, LLC, while ensuring the installation subcontractors meet the project and contractual requirements and milestones
- Overseeing the delivery and use of materials, tools, and equipment; worker productivity and safety; and the quality of the work
- Acting as liaison with the Owner regarding contract changes, modifications, staffing and technical performance; directing subcontractors in the successful execution of changes and modifications of the contract
- Ensuring fulfillment of contract requirements
- Ensuring compliance to all safety and health rules and regulations, company policies, employee handbooks and contracting requirements
- Promoting the highest degree of safety and ethics standards at the site by adhering to
- Compass Systems, OSHA, and Owner’s policies and guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering or equivalent experience
- Ten (10) years of experience in the Construction industry
- Mechanical and Electrical design background
- Five (5) years of experience managing projects in a heavy industrial plant setting.
- Familiarity with both mechanical and electrical installations of pneumatic and material handling systems a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- CCM (Certified Construction Manager) certification preferred or willing to obtain CCM certification within 2 years after hiring
- OSHA 30 HR certification
About Compass Systems and Sales:
We are engineers in every sense of the word. For over two decades, we have found better ways to move materials, providing both standard and custom solutions to our customers.
You can trust Compass to point the way to the most efficient solution.
WHY A CAREER WITH COMPASS?
- Growing organization
- Cutting edge technology
- Collaborative work environment
- Compass is an Equal Opportunity Employer