Duties and Responsibilities
- Acting as a primary point person for the project management team, this role reports to the Vice President and will oversee a team of Field Project Managers.
- Coach and mentor staff, presenting oneself as a leader in terms of conduct, appearance, communication and performance. Embrace, communicate and practice company core values and performance measures. “Lead by example” and hold staff accountable for commitments and deadlines.
- During construction, monitoring the project construction schedules and performance against budget via ensuring regular updating of project schedules and costs to complete by project managers.
- Develop departmental estimating standard procedures and formats to be utilized in the assembling and pricing of conceptual budget estimates, schematic and design development estimates and final construction estimates.
- Develop and establish budget control framework and processes; work closely with finance and project managers to prepare accurate project budgets and forecast.
- Participating in creating new processes as well as monitoring and evolving existing processes.
- Lead, promote and comply with all Company safety policies and procedures.
- Manage large scale projects, as required.
- Some travel required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors or Masters of Science in Civil, Structural, or Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management, or other related disincline required.
- 10+ years’ experience in Project Management in construction related field.
- 3+ years in a leadership role preferred.
- Experience in Industrial and Infrastructure construction is required
- Experience at having created and implemented systems and best practices for estimating and project management.
- Proven success in delivering high quality projects on time and on budget.
- Strong conceptual thinker; strong critical thinking skills and problem solving ability; able to multi-task and work under pressure; strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Work, Excel, Outlook), preferably Primavera (P6) or Microsoft Project.
- Project Management Certification or Professional Engineering license preferred.