Design Engineer ( Goleta, CA ) 8836826
6 Month Contract
Pay rate: $ 50-55 /hr W2
Experience with Aerospace structures and mechanisms; Proficiency in CAD software, and design experience with PTC Creo Parametric 2/3; Ability to work efficiently in a multi-disciplined engineering team with minimal supervision.
Position is part of the Space Component Division, which specializes in deployable systems for spacecraft such as solar arrays, instrument booms, and various extendible support structures. A Structures and Mechanisms Engineer will be responsible for creating and implementing deployable structures and mechanical actuators at the cutting edge of space technology. Will have ownership of work from the concept creation through design phases and may also participate in manufacturing, testing, and integration of systems.
• Create, prototype, design, and analyze structures and mechanisms for moving mechanical assemblies such as solar arrays, booms, and other support structures and mechanisms for satellite subsystems.
• Develop and refine components and subsystems utilizing design skills, hand calculations, and finite element analysis or other modeling tools as needed.
• Perform detailed 3D designs; generate CAD drawings and related documents, and support manufacturing and assembly of components.
• Document test plans and procedures • Participate and present in internal and external (customer) design reviews
• Manage and track multiple priorities while maintaining a focus towards common project goals of the program team, matrix organization, and customers.
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical, Astronautical, or Aerospace)
• 4 years of experience in mechanical design
• Candidate has detailed mechanical design knowledge of structures, mechanisms, release and drive actuators, and material selection.
• Experience with FEA analysis, preferably ANSYS or NASTRAN, for structural analysis of designs.