Division Tooling Engineer
Our FORTUNE 500 manufacturer of wire and cable products is seeking a capable Tooling Engineer for its Central North Carolina located division and manufacturing locations, along with several satellite production sites.
Tooling Engineer will drive improvements to extrusion processes through tooling and equipment design improvements to ensure more cost effective business and standardized engineering processes for division/plant sites. Evaluate/improve the design, manufacture, and maintenance of extrusion tooling and equipment in a wire and cable manufacturing work environment.
- Pursue cost reduction opportunities through equipment and tooling improvements.
- Leverage knowledge of machining processes and materials to improve process performance and increase manufacturing capability.
- Develop standard practices for tooling cleaning and handling.
- Develop and execute material/process improvement and cost reduction projects to improve cable making efficiency and cost.
- Replicate, implement and standardize best-in-class processes for cable operations.
- Assist in resolving quality issues through improvement projects as needed/requested by plant operations.
- Facilitate and leverage available resource skill-sets worldwide.
- Ability to work across various functional groups.
Lead regional or worldwide projects in order to increase capability, achieve improved consistency, or achieve cost reduction with similar or increased product quality.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
40 hour/Standard workweek; additional hours/weekends as needed to support project work/ quality issue resolution (10%+)
- Masters (M.S.) in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 2 years experience in precision tooling/equipment design.
- Experience leading teams in meeting continuous improvement goals, making step change process improvements.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze and evaluate performance from a capability, process, quality, technical, and/or cost standpoint to develop plans and strategies.
- Communicate effectively; coordinate and align activities where required.
Excellent relocation package to Hickory/Winston Salem, NC region.