Post A Job
Jobs By Company
Keyword or Job ID
Hose Development Engineer
Job Opportunity at
Posted on Sep 2
Design Engineer – Spiral Hose
In working with a multi-disciplinary team, the hose design engineer will envision, model, design, develop, and test highly engineered, large diameter, rigid mandrel, industrial and military hose. The team will be involved in the complete life cycle management of fluid and material transfer solutions from concept to analysis, architecture and implementation on the manufacturing floor. This role is based out of a NC area plant and reports to the Engineering Manager of the Business Unit.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
· Manage the design and development of hose products as well as hose made to military and other highly engineered specifications.
· Provide technical support on the factory floor including hose build, assembly, coupling, inspection, and testing.
· Assist in costing and quoting specialty hose products
· Create specifications and routings for manufacturing using design for manufacturing concepts to reduce cost and complexity
· Troubleshoot and provide direction to laboratory personnel for testing and continuous improvement of our hose products.
· Rationalize raw materials and work to reduce cost through VA/VE efforts
· Stay up to date on designs and applications and work with product management to improve or create new hose solutions.
Experience and Education Required
· BS in Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, or equivalent
· Preferred experience with rigid mandrel hose design and manufacturing
· Rigid mandrel hose design, manufacturing, coupling, testing standards and procedures
· Experience with entering BOMs, routings, and specifications into ERP software
· Ability to review customer inquiries and apply or design the correct hose solution
· Familiarity with rubber chemistry
· Ability to optimize product cost and performance through Design for Manufacturing and VA/VE.
is a privately held diversified manufacturing company providing industrial products, services, and solutions through six strategic business groups including: Industrial Rubber Products; Motors and Gearing; Magnetic Materials Handling; Tungsten Carbide Preforms; and Closed Die Forgings.
The Business Unit
This segment is a global provider of hoses, belts, ducting, and rubber & urethane roles and related products designed for a wide variety of applications in an extensive set of end-use markets requiring a broad array of products with long-lasting performance in demanding applications. This is company's largest operating unit and thus an important engine for profit and growth. The business has major manufacturing facilities in the Midwest and Southeast
Mechanical Engineering Degrees
Terms of Usage
MechanicalEngineer.com is owned, operated, and copyrighted by Career Marketplace (© 2002-2018, All Rights Reserved)