Maintenance Reliability Engineer will have the responsibility to lead and direct the maintenance department’s maintenance and reliability initiatives and will provide technical assistance to maintenance department personnel. Working closely with plant engineering and operations the position will lead the predictive and preventative maintenance programs at the facility. The Reliability Engineer will work to improve product quality, compliance, safety, equipment reliability and reduce maintenance cost.
- Optimize equipment uptime, reliability, and efficiency by analyzing equipment performance data and maintenance practices
- Recommends improved processes, programs, procedures and systems along with recommending enhancements and /or new approaches.
- Develops, implements, and monitors programs such as Preventive Maintenance, Predictive Maintenance, Reliability-Centered Maintenance, Condition-Based Maintenance, Total Productive Maintenance, and FMEA programs.
- Conducts analysis and investigations using Failure Mode Analysis and Root Cause Analysis on equipment failures that affect product quality, equipment uptime and plant capacity.
- Report conclusions to plant management and make recommendations for improved programs and practices intended to prevent equipment failures.
- Develop project alternatives, scopes of work and financial justification for projects. Assist in developing capital project programs for new equipment and major repairs.
- Analyze maintenance data to identify trends in equipment and organizational performance that adversely affect efficiency, cost, quality, plant capacity, and production throughput. Make recommendations on actions that can be taken to reverse adverse trends.
- Participate in the creation and review of Maintenance procedures and policies.
- Works to develop Best Practices to be applied across all areas of the facility. Liaison with engineers, operations, and others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects.
- Assist in identifying and providing training to maintenance and production related to improving asset care.
- Provides technical expertise to plant personnel on troubleshooting failures, repairs and evaluating equipment.
- Utilize technical drawings, specifications of electrical and mechanical systems and components to ensure systems conform to standards.
- Provide troubleshooting and expertise to unscheduled events as requested.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the corrective actions on a monthly basis.
- BS or higher degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Three to five years of experience directly involved with maintenance activities and engineering improvement projects.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a cross-functional team through a root cause analysis/problem solving process
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and execute design packages that will improve safety, operability and reliability of the plant equipment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated individual with good organizational and communication skills and a proven ability to facilitate meetings and provide leadership when necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple and ever-changing priorities and meet established deadlines.
- Demonstrated track record in driving continuous improvement.
- High level of self-motivation, creativity and flexibility.
- Experience as a participant or facilitator in RCM, FMEA, TPM and other maintenance programs / methodologies.
- Experience with management and implementation of capital projects preferred.
- Ideal candidate would have proven experience using vibration analysis, thermograph, oil analyses, etc.