Plans, delegates, and oversees the timely maintenance and repair of production machinery and equipment by machine repair technicians. Assist, as needed, in the troubleshooting and repair tasks. Promotes and ensures attention to safety, quality, productivity, machine up-time, and cost-efficiency.
1) Plans and delegates maintenance and repair of production machinery and equipment.
2) Orients and trains machine repair technicians with regard to task completion, quality, safety, productivity, housekeeping, and general policies and procedures.
3) Communicates with other production departments and shifts in order to maximize work order completion and machine up-time. Performs Root Cause Analysis in determining cause of equipment breakdown.
4) Compiles information for periodic reports with respect to various topics including quality, safety, productivity and scrap.
5) Reviews associate performance and provide appropriate feedback and counseling under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor and Shift Superintendent.
6) Assists, as needed, by operating electrical measuring instruments and testing devices, power and hand tools, welding and fabricating equipment in performing installation, inspection, maintenance, and repair of hydraulic, pneumatic, robotic, and mechanical machinery and equipment.
1) At least five (5) years of related maintenance and machine repair experience and three (3) years of supervisory experience--preferably in a high-volume manufacturing environment--are required.
2) High school diploma or GED is required. Related Associate degree, or equivalent, is strongly preferred.
3) Working knowledge of 440 or 480 three-phase electrical/electronic systems, electronics/robotics, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic equipment and systems is required. Operational knowledge of precision measuring instruments, gauges, test equipment, and blueprint reading is also required.
4) Excellent leadership and communication skills are essential. Willingness to work any shift is also required.