Individuals hired as management trainees will be placed in an 18 – 24 month training program to learn the mining and minerals processing, operational aspects of the business. The program will be an intensive “hands-on” training experience, working in a continuous improvement atmosphere with the front-line employees and managers, in a production environment in various areas of the mining operations. The work includes the operation, preventive maintenance and repair of fixed-plant and mobile equipment related to mining operations including plants, bulldozers, dredges, loaders, excavators, fork-lifts, cranes, conveyor belts, classifiers, cyclones, pumps, screens, diesel & electrically powered machinery and equipment used in the mining of our products. They should expect to learn how to cut & weld as well as to learn the use of various tools. During the training program, employees should expect travel & nights away from home, shift work, long hours, and weekend work.
- BS in Mining/Mechanical/Industrial/Civil/Geology Engineering and Industrial or Construction Management required.
- Minimum 1-3 years of mining or industry related experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and potential management abilities to manage and motivate mine personnel.
- Possess computer skills utilizing Microsoft applications, Auto-CAD, and AggFlow preferred.
- Must possess good mechanical knowledge & abilities to plan, schedule, and execute.
- Must be organized, dedicated, and possess good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Conveys a positive attitude, continually focused on satisfying internal company requirements
- Team player that utilizes the team approach to solving problems and making improvements.