|Global industry leading manufacturing company recently named one of the world's best companies to work for seeks a progressive and proactive Manufacturing Manager. The General Manager describes this opening as a Plant Manager. Of course it is responsible for the day to day production, but it's much more than that. This has full responsibility for a 200+ person high performance team based business unit ($40M+). |
- Leads the development of budget plans and key process indicators (KPIs) to achieve business unit goals for safety, quality, scrap, production efficiency and profitability.
- Directs and manages the overall production plan for the Business Unit.
- Works closely with area managers to set production, quality and other goals to maximum performance while minimizing waste, redundancy and costs.
- Reviews and analyzes Key Performance Indicator data and uses the data to reinforce processes that are working and make modifications to those that are not meeting goals.
- Develops and leads the implementation of operational initiatives in support of Lean six Sigma manufacturing (process capability enhancement, customer satisfaction, employee involvement, etc).
- Bachelor's degree a MUST; Engineering strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years (5+ desired) production leadership experience in a high volume manufacturing environment (food, cpg, auto, packaging)
- Passion for Continuous Improvement. Experience for a World Class or top industry company.
- Lean / Six Sigma certification
- Strong financial acumen. Ability to analyze, interpret and create game plan to drive Lean culture, best practices and sustain EXCELLENCE! (current on time in full delivery at 98.5%)
- Hiring Mgr looking for someone who can be promoted into Plant Mgr role. Need a mid career professional looking for that next step. (not someone within 10 years of retirement).
- High speed packaging experience (printing, pouch/bag making) would be a HUGE plus.
*** In addition to an attractive base salary, a lucrative bonus and industry leading benefits outstanding career development opportunity is offered. Apply now to learn what it's like to work for One of the World's Best.
KEYWORDS: Manufacturing Manager, Mfg Mgr, Production Manager, Production Superintendent, Operations Manager, Plant Manager, OPEX, Operational Excellence, Lean Mfg, Six Sigma, Lean Sigma