MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
Compass Systems and Sales LLC is seeking a full time Mechanical Design Engineer for our Barberton, Ohio location.
Compass Systems is a world leader in providing highly engineered Pneumatic & Mechanical Material Handling Systems that provide segregation capabilities for the various alloys of aluminum scrap produced by the automobile industry, in the high volume automotive OEM and Tier #1 & #2 supplier production environments.
With a solid track record of success and a “True Turn-Key” solutions driven approach, Compass Systems has expanded its reach within its automotive customers and the general industrial markets (pulp and paper, converting, agriculture, etc.) to include state-of-the-art related systems and processes (i.e. Hinged Belt Conveyors, End of Line Conveyors, Integrated Dust Collection Systems).
This position is primarily responsible for supporting the design and detail of Compass Systems’ mechanical and electro-mechanical products and systems using Autodesk Inventor software.
As a Mechanical Designer, you will be responsible for:
- Creation of 3D designs according to quote/proposal utilizing Autodesk Inventor including skeletal modeling
- Create designs that match our shop fabrication abilities
- Participate/conduct design review meetings
- Create Bill of Materials (BOM) and upload to MRP system
- Creation of drawing and work instruction packets
- Conduct field scans of customer’s facilities in order to create customized designs
- Communicate with vendors for fabrication and parts procurement
This job will have no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or a related discipline from an accredited college or university and 2 years of related work experience
- A combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Experience in Autodesk Inventor
- Ability to prepare, read, and interpret written reports, instructions, procedures, and guidelines
- Thorough knowledge of drafting techniques, mechanical engineering terminology, engineering calculations and manufacturing
- Working knowledge and application of weld symbols
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of pneumatics, including volumetric flow rate and pressure is helpful
- Knowledge of electrical design is helpful
WHY A CAREER WITH COMPASS?
- Growing organization
- Cutting edge technology
- Collaborative work environment
- 9/80 Work schedule (every other Friday off!)
Compass Systems and Sales is an Equal Opportunity Employer