OMAX Corporation is a rapidly growing, leading provider of precision-engineered abrasive waterjet systems. OMAX has brought together the leading innovators and experts in abrasive waterjet technology, fostering an environment that promotes teamwork and a dedication to excellence. The capabilities of our machines consistently evolve to meet the diverse and changing needs of our customers.
The Mechanical Engineer reports to the Custom Engineering Supervisor. This position is part the Custom Engineering team that develops fast-track custom solutions for our Abrasive Waterjet Machining Systems. The Mechanical engineer will be involved in the activities associated with the design, procurement, assembly, test and documentation and installation of custom solutions.
- Design precision mechanical and electro-mechanical components and systems for use in Abrasive Water Jet Machining Systems
- Participate in hands on activities to procure, assemble, test and troubleshoot designs
- Occasional travel to customer sites to install designs
- Design test fixtures and test related hardware
- Attend design reviews and related project meetings
- Coordinate workload with supervisor and other managers as needed to support work load
- Perform all other duties as deemed necessary by the department manager or supervisor to insure project success
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years’ experience in mechanical design
- Mechanical design and analysis skills, including statics, dynamics, kinematics, strength of materials, stress analysis and FEA
- Experience with motion control, pneumatics and hydraulic systems
- Experience with machining, fabrication and other manufacturing processes
- Experience with component selection
- Experience with preparing manufacturing drawings that include geometric tolerances
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Positive minded team-player with ability to take direction from Project Manager and form collaborative relationships with co-workers
- Strong organization skills and self-motivated
- Very proficient with SolidWorks software to manipulate 3D models and 2D drawings
- Proficient with other computer software such as, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project)
OMAX Corporation offers an excellent compensation package that includes a competitive salary, generous benefits such as: medical, dental, and vision coverage, short-term and long-term disability coverage, a 401K Plan with company matching, education reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation and sick time. Only qualified applicants will be contacted; must be able to work for any company within the United States. Fax resumes to (253) 872-9660 or email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OMAX Corporation is an equal opportunity employer