Mechanical Engineer (Direct Hire) Role with Sensational Engineering Consulting Firm!
Our client is a dynamic engineering consulting firm providing technical expertise and analysis of personal injury and property claims. With a host of specialized engineering consultants, who have expertise in mechanical, electrical, structural and fire investigation, the team provides unmatched information to insurance adjusters and attorneys. The advanced facility, where simulations occur, has high-caliber equipment and capabilities to replicate conditions of a loss such as electrical testing, gas testing, 3-D scanning, a multi-purpose laboratory and examination and specimen prep rooms. By having continuous improvements and upgrades to the facility, coupled with comprehensive workshops, training and seminars, our client, who has 20 plus years of experience, is at the forefront of their industry and will continue of its path of growth and stability.
BENEFITS AND FEATURES:
•Major Medical, Dental and Vision
•Competitive starting salary and Bonus Program tied to performance/billable hours
•401(k) with company match and paid vacation and holidays
•Other benefits will be detailed in the employer’s handbook
•Client has Business Development Manager to allow Engineers to focus on what they do best.
YOUR ROLE WITH THE COMPANY
Perform inspections pertaining to machine safeguarding and workplace safety-related losses for industrial, commercial, and residential locations for insurance, legal and other clients. In addition to field work, perform data collection & research, gather photographic evidence, review materials provided, conduct testing, and analyze the results.
- Apply engineering principles and practices in accordance with industry codes and standards.
- Produce comprehensive oral and written reports detailing findings and conclusions as requested by client.
- Handle evidence in a manner that conforms to industry standards.
- Testify in depositions and court proceedings as required by client.
- Create and present professional presentations for clients and industry conferences that assists in developing client relationships and establish forensic expertise.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educations conferences, seminars, reviewing professional publications and attending/participating in professional societies.
- Participate in activities that generate new business such as the company referral program, blog writing, and various other activities as agreed upon with executive management.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of (5) years of post-academic mechanical experience
- Professional Engineer Registration Required (license must be active)
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Established expert witness in your area of expertise
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Capacity to build and maintain goodwill relationships with both internal and external customers
- Ability to travel up to 10-15% (2-3 nights away a month)
The position is based right outside of Columbia, the state capital and largest city in South Carolina, the population was 129,272 according to the 2010 census. The city is the center of a metropolitan statistical area of 767,598. Columbia is home to the main campus of the University of South Carolina - The University has 350 degree programs and enrolls more than 27,500 students throughout 15 degree-granting colleges and schools.