· The Operations Manager is responsible for managing the manufacturing operations in a way which will drive performance and ensure business operations are running efficiently and effectively. This position is accountable for the overall performance of production operations and for ensuring customer demands are met while producing products at the lowest cost and maintaining high quality standards. This role requires knowledge of hiring, on-boarding and training processes along with building, leading and managing effective teams. Knowledge of safety and quality policies and practices and an overall knowledge of federal and state laws which affect human resources, safety, quality and the manufacturing process.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher educational degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Printed Services, or other related field.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar positions in the manufacturing environment.
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in team leadership or managing direct reports.
· Experience with Lean Manufacturing principles, 5S and other productivity and quality improvement methods.
· Experience with OSHA and other regulations and rules which effect safety.
· Experience with ERP/MRP systems.
· Intermediate to advanced level of computer knowledge in the Microsoft Office Suites.
· Reading, analyzing, and interpreting technical procedures, manuals and manufacturing documents including financial data as it relates to investments and personnel.
· Ability to lift 30-50 pounds.
· Standing or walking for long periods of time.
· Work activity requires repetitive bending, reaching, walking, stooping, and crouching, lifting, and climbing. Job duties also require regular use of fingers and hand when working with material and equipment.