Come Grow With Us!
Massillon Container/Vail Packaging is expanding and adding a Full Time Shift Supervisor position to the 2nd shift at our Navarre production facility. This position is responsible for maintaining a safe, hazard-free work environment, planning and assigning work in a fast-paced production environment, enforcing policies and procedures, maintaining product quality standards, and recommending improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
Our ideal candidate will be a results driven natural leader who possess effective communication skills, displays ethical and respectful conduct and is able to support personnel to achieve success on a daily basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that all employees are working in a safe manner and driving adherence to plant safety, quality and housekeeping efforts, including the identification of safety gaps and initiation of corrective actions
- Balances quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Work to continuously improve in all areas
- Utilizes all available resources to ensure product meets or exceeds customer expectations
- Directs hourly employees; appraising performance and providing feedback as needed; assisting with complaint resolution; communicates issues and results daily
- Trains new employees and coaches existing employees
- Investigates and reports all incidents, accidents and non-conformance issues
- Identifies repairs needed at machine centers and creates work requests for completion; follows up as required
- Suggests and implements cost-saving ideas
- Performs related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Three to five years of manufacturing experience with a minimum of two years previous supervisory experience in a production environment
- Basic understanding of computers with knowledge of Microsoft Office programs preferred
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to motivate others to meet demands established by the schedule
- Basic math skills
- Well-developed problem-solving skills
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to hot and cold temperatures, airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing and walking for extended periods and also includes bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing during the duration of their shift. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
We pay competitive industry wages and also offer an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life insurance, generous paid time off policies and 401(k) plan with safe harbor match.
Our workplace requires individuals who understand the needs of the business while maintaining a focus on customer satisfaction, quality, safety and productivity. Our recruiting and hiring process includes face to face interviews, pre-screening aptitude tests, background and reference screening, and drug testing.
Massillon Container/Vail Industries is proud to be recognized as an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage and offer advancement opportunities to our employees