Why this might be great opportunity:
** (I have recruited for this manager for years, and people seem to really enjoy working with him. He provides autonomy or mentor-ship as needed.)
- Work for a fantastic manager**!,…
- In a very team oriented work environment.
- In a company focused on developing and manufacturing high value chemical products.
As Process Engineering / Production Engineering, you will be the Lead Engineer supporting an automated chemical manufacturing plant. This includes day-to-day process monitoring and equipment trouble-shooting as well as supporting scale-up and process optimization. This position will also support the plant process control (DCS) system.
- Ensure that all process operations are carried out in a safe manner and meet all regulatory requirements and industry standards.
- Provide process engineering support for the day to day operations, including process and equipment troubleshooting and plant DCS operations.
- Support process optimization efforts.
- Participate in the investigation and corrective action process for off specification products.
- Participate in the investigations and corrective action process for incidents.
- Support new product transitions and process scale-up from the R&D center bench size pilot plant.
- Assists the Project Engineering with commissioning and start-up efforts for new equipment/ processes.
- Support changes to process recipes within the DCS.
- Ability to lead Management of Change (MOC) and Pre-Startup Safety Reviews (similar to PSM).
- Writes SOPs including for plant start-up and shut downs.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering (ChE preferred)
- 4 - 30 years of experience in the chemical industry as a direct employee in a chemical processing plant
- Knowledge of the operation of continuous processes and associated auxiliary equipment used in the chemical industry
- Familiar with PSM standards and safety regulations/ safe work practices used in the chemical industry
- Experience in maintaining plant DCS systems or programmable PLCs
- Ability to write and maintain concise procedures and work instructions.
- Ability to communicate procedures in the training of operational personnel.
- Applicants should have the desire to work in a manufacturing plant with substantial interaction on the plant floor.
- Team orientated with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Authorized to work in the USA without current or future sponsorship.