Seeking a Process Engineer to perform the following responsibilities:
- Develop fundamental understanding of critical process and technical requirements, identify areas of technical risk in assigned projects, where possible conduct prototype / feasibility testing to verify concept, and define and document system design specifications.
- Define current state of performance at each facility and trend that performance over time
- Lead/Support Companies Best Practice groups
- Articulate vision for future state / best in class performance metrics; develop plan and manage business functions to achieve that vision
- Manage technical aspects of key vendors.
- Conceive, Plan, and Execute well-defined projects to improve Companies operations
- Advise key business leaders (executives and plant management) on improving operations (e.g. higher volume, lower cost)
- Ability to partner with cross-functional teams to achieve goals.
- Create/update/maintain standard work documents (SOP’s) to develop and train maintenance, manufacturing operators, and Team Leaders.
- Comply with safety, good housekeeping, product quality and related regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably mechanical.
- Minimum 3 years of manufacturing experience, preferably in tooling/stamping/pressing.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Must be data-driven and possess a high level of attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Process / Value Stream Mapping and FMEA.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team leadership skills.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point with the ability to learn other applications related to the job.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to prioritize workload.
- Compensation will consist of a competitive salary and benefits.
Travel Requirements: High Travel
- Experience in wood processing.
- Knowledge of MES systems.
- Knowledge of Wonderware (programming ability a plus).
- Ability to read PLC logic.
- Six Sigma Certification (GB or BB).
- Lean/Continuous Improvement experience.
- First year 80%+, after between 80% and 25% (project dependent)