Top 6 Requirements:
- 5+ years in automotive OEM product design (mechanical or electrical)
- Some Project management experience (leading cross functional teams)
- Familiar and experienced in automotive processes (APQP, FEMAs, PPAP, Etc)
- Some electrical experience – would like some software but not required
- Clear thought process with detail orientation (problem solving)
- Bachelor degree required
The scope of this position entails mechanical design responsibility with electrical interfaces (internal teams and the customer).
This would also include incorporating software into the product.
Product Development Engineer – Lexington, OH – 78-86k
The Product Development Engineer will design, develop and manage new products/launches for production.
Provides support to manufacturing and ensure customer satisfaction through effective communication with the division,
the customer and/or the sales and marketing teams.
The ideal candidate should be able to work independently and within a team based environment.
- Determine product requirements and translate into internal/external product design standards.
- Lead cross functional teams thru product launch process.
- Plan and record results of design and development activities, including validation testing.
- Drive and manage projects.
- Manage Bill of Materials for new product development.
- Design to cost target while meeting financial and performance expectations.
- Facilitate cost reduction activities on new and existing products.
- Perform calculations, analysis, and testing to ensure that a product meets the requirements.
- Participate in and/or lead Design and Process failure mode and effect analysis.
- Provide support to both internal manufacturing and external customers.
- Initiate and manage engineering change activities.
- 5+ years of experience with a technical background. Familiarity with sensors helpful, but not required.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or other applicable field of Engineering.
- Technical Experience on Electrical Side. Mechanical Design.
- Automotive industry experience. Proficient in MS Office products.
- Understanding of TS quality systems.
- DFMEA and PFMEA Experience.
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma
- Strong communication skills with the ability to remain organized and on task.
- Ability to travel to support a program launch.
Lexington and Mansfield areas are very family-friendly cities in North Central Ohio. Relocation
Assistance is available.
Apply for immediate, confidential consideration!