Product Development Engineer – Lexington, OH – 72-98k, depending on experience.
The Product Development Engineer will design, develop and manage new products/launches for production.
Provides support to manufacturing and ensure customer satisfaction through effective communication with the division,
the customer and/or the sales and marketing teams.
The ideal candidate should be able to work independently and within a team based environment.
- Determine product requirements and translate into internal/external product design standards.
- Lead cross functional teams thru product launch process.
- Plan and record results of design and development activities, including validation testing.
- Drive and manage projects.
- Manage Bill of Materials for new product development.
- Design to cost target while meeting financial and performance expectations.
- Facilitate cost reduction activities on new and existing products.
- Perform calculations, analysis, and testing to ensure that a product meets the requirements.
- Participate in and/or lead Design and Process failure mode and effect analysis.
- Provide support to both internal manufacturing and external customers.
- Initiate and manage engineering change activities.
- 3-5 years of experience with a technical background. Familiarity with sensors helpful, but not required.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or other applicable field of Engineering.
- Technical Experience on Electrical Side. Mechanical Design.
- Automotive industry experience. Proficient in MS Office products.
- Understanding of TS quality systems.
- DFMEA and PFMEA Experience.
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma
- Strong communication skills with the ability to remain organized and on task.
- Ability to travel to support a program launch.
Lexington and Mansfield areas are very family-friendly cities in North Central Ohio. Relocation
Assistance is available.
Apply for immediate, confidential consideration!