Production Manager – Global Manufacturing Company
Your Role with the Company:
You will be working for a global leader in Glass Manufacturing. As the Production Manager you will be leading a team of hourly employees in an extremely fast paced union environment, In addition to leading and empowering your team, you will use data for decision making and use the standards for best practices to achieve company goals.
What you will be doing:
• Direct and manage the forming, mold repair and maintenance repair departments to obtain optimum performance in safety, quality and performance efficiencies at the lowest cost.
• Perform administrative activities necessary for the effective management of the departments including the selection and development of employees, coordinate production scheduling, salary administration, budgets, cost control and effective employee and union relations.
• Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment, always striving for zero accidents.
• Insure the manufacturing of glass containers are within customer specifications and quality standards are strictly adhered to.
• Monitor department performances and report on negative impacted areas while developing and implementing continuous improvement.
• Comply with Environmental and Food Safety standards as set forth in plant poliies/programs.
What you will need:
• Experience with the manufacturing of glass with an emphasis on the forming process.
• Will consider non-degreed individuals with at least 10 year’s equivalent experience,
• Will consider degreed candidates with production management experience in other melting related industries including steel, aluminum, etc.
• Undergraduate engineering degree in Mechanical, Electrical or related discipline.
• Excellent communication skills required as well as strong organizational, analytical and planning skills.
• Must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Excel and Word.
Why work here?
This Company is a dynamic and profitable Multi-Billion dollar company that is driven by excellence.
• This is a progressive, continually profitable, stable manufacturing company where you have job security.
• Leader in their industry.
• Capital spending remains strong. Have invested millions of dollars in its plants for capital improvements.
• Manufactures a consumer product that is consistently in demand.
• Strong management team.
• This company values its employees.
• Competitive benefit package including medical, dental, life and disability, 401K, pension, vacation, holidays.
• Comprehensive relocation package grossed-up for taxes including closing costs and realtor fees, moving of household belongings and home purchase if desired.
• Good and consistent bonus potential.
• Excellent opportunities for advancement.