· Design & Direct the fabrication of support tools.
· Identify waste in our printing/manufacturing process and moving to correct or minimize it.
· Support new production development processes and product launches.
· Assist in the evaluation and implementation of new tooling and equipment.
· Oversee equipment modifications or new equipment purchases by utilizing operations and financial data.
· Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning space requirements, equipment layout, and work flow by using lean techniques.
· Develop initial technical specification and perform comparative vendor analysis to support the procurement of parts, equipment, and machinery.
· Provide engineering support of CAPA processes.
· Perform machine requalification as needed.
· Train employees on new process, procedures and equipment.
· Strategic Responsibilities:
· Develop, evaluate and improve products, systems, equipment, and processes used in our manufacturing process that will increase production while adhering to customer specifications in a manner that is both economical and cost-effective.
· Research and resolve any manufacturing difficulties or inefficiencies to determine root cause. Make recommendations for corrective actions.
· Conduct safety hazard analysis.
· Develop, train and promote lean manufacturing initiatives within the company.
· Prepare capacity analysis and annual review.
· Drive continuous improvement through P.D.C.A. (Plan-Do-Check-Act).
· Bachelor Degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or Printing and Packaging Sciences or equivalent degree.
· 3 years’ experience in manufacturing and/or printing.
· Knowledgeable in Lean Manufacturing, 6-sigma, 5S, and other productivity and quality improvement methods.
· Reading, analyzing and interpreting technical procedures, manuals and manufacturing documents.
· Experience with ERP/MRP systems.
· Standing or sitting for long periods of time.
· Work actively requires repetitive bending, reaching, walking, stooping, crouching, lifting and climbing.
· Adequate visual activity including full color vision.
· Ability to lift 30-50 pounds.