Project Manager - Capital Projects - Process Chemicals - Electronics - Semi-Conductor - NJ/PA
Our client, a global manufacturer and supplier of industrial and specialty gases is seeking a Project Manager for their Electronic and Premium Products division. Candidates must have current experience in a Project Management role in chemical process plant. This highly visible individual contributor role will be responsible for managing a number of simultaneous projects that involve scope definition, funds approval, design, change management, Hazop, LOPA, component selection, purchasing, construction, training, start up and documentation. Projects may be a result of new products, new processes, upgrades, relocations or re-lifes. Internal capital projects typically involve our manufacturing sites primarily in NJ, AZ, OR, and NC but may involve additional US and overseas customers in Electronics and Specialty Gases. Assists plants with field support with day to day responsibility for mentoring/coaching/monitoring other project managers. This position has growth and succession opportunities that could quickly evolve into a leadership role.
Project Execution (new systems, upgrades, efficiency improvements, & service of existing customer installations):
- Manage all project activities through out their project lifecycles.
- Manage and direct multiple project teams in regards to all aspects of each project.
- Manage outsourcing of engineering discipline specialists, and project management of consultants, A&E firms and EPC contractors.
- Interface with stakeholders to develop project scope and execute change management process
- Define an execution strategy to enable a high degree of confidence in controlling project scope and budget.
- Communicate design requirements to the process engineering function and manage design decisions and tradeoffs.
- Translate process engineering design work package into a fabrication, construction, installation plan to deliver a safe and cost effective process.
- Provide engineering and project management support to E&PP manufacturing plants for new capital projects, expansion and equipment modifications.
- Support Sales at customer meetings as technical representative.
- Work with local Sales personnel, respond to customer operational issues. Lead troubleshooting activities, diagnose cause, develop and document (EMOC) corrective actions, lead implementation of solutions.
- Identify potential projects at plants which have the ability to create cost savings and/or increases in productivity and work with business performance manager to develop project proposals for submittal to division management.
- Bachelor Degree Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering required.
- MBA or Masters Degree Engineering highly desirable.
- 5-10+ years experience currently in a project engineering/management role in a process chemical/plant environment required.
- Experience with hazardous high purity chemicals and/or gases.
- Experience in the Electronics or Semiconductor industries is highly desirable.
- Must be able to travel a minimum of 25% overnight, domestically.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with process equipment engineering; P&IDs, process piping, pressure vessels, instrumentation/controls, process safety reviews (HAZOP), and LOPA.
- Computer literate including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and AutoCAD
- Highly motivated and able to self-direct as well as motivate others