Productive Resources has been providing engineering services to some of the nation’s largest and most renowned companies for almost fifteen years. Our reputation for quality, teamwork, and innovative solutions keeps our clients turning to us to meet their engineering service’s needs. Our contacts and experience combined with your technical expertise equals career possibilities for you.
This opportunity is for a Quality Engineer on site at our client. As an employee of Productive Resources, you will provide ongoing daily quality support to the production operation, support the Continuous Improvement process, and drive ongoing Quality improvements. Approximately 50% of the role will be on the shop floor working with production employees and resolving quality issues. The remaining time will be spent in the office environment driving projects and process improvements. You will work with a variety of stakeholders including Operations, Manufacturing Engineering, Design Engineering, and Supplier Quality. You will interface with local metrology team to support part measurements and root cause investigation. You will be expected to work with the production team to support the Continuous Improvement process by driving quality improvement projects. You will be exposed to warranty analysis & failure investigation in the role and will be expected to lead a Quality Improvement Team for the department. You will also be responsible to manage non-conforming material and Quality notification data streams for the department.
· Learn and use quality planning tools and analysis to formulate/facilitate quality plans for new products within the product delivery, order fulfillment or customer support processes.
· Learn and use quality tools consistent with quality processes to enable the focus on prevention by identifying and performing activities to minimize risk.
· Investigate product and process quality related issues and recommends changes to control plans and/or prints.
· Gathes and analyze data pertinent to quality tools in the Enterprise Order Fulfillment Process (EOFP), Enterprise Product Delivery Process (EPDP) and/or Customer Support Process (CSP).
· Perform quality audits, including supporting International Standards Organization (ISO) audits, and maintains quality manual.
· Input and maintain information in factory databases and systems.
· Monitor quality plan tracking system.
· Assist in reviews and investigations of warranty claim information.
No sponsorships are available for this opportunity.
· Four-year engineering degree but a strong technical degree may be considered.
· Have demonstrated strong complex problem-solving skills.
· Experienced with Quality tools like Root Cause Analysis.
· Minitab Experience.
· GD&T experience.
· Statistics experience.
· Experience with Six Sigma.
· Experience with test systems & data analysis will be a key strength.
· Previous manufacturing experience.
If you are the right person, if you have the expertise we need, submit your resume now!