Equipment Innovation Specialist
LOCATION Corporate Office, Fort Worth, TX
REPORTS TO Equipment & Field Inventory Manager
KEY INTERFACES Channel Sales, DSD, Direct Ship, Marketing Department
Responsible for reviewing industry trends and evaluating how current coffee and tea brewing equipment offerings compare to the customer needs. Make recommendations based on findings and work with vendors to support maintaining a competitive edge with technology and innovation. Provide customer and sales support for demonstrations, bids, and beverage training for all equipment offerings. This role is key in ensuring new technology offerings are available for leaders to review.
• Review industry needs and trends with each of our primary Foodservice Channels
• Must have thorough knowledge of coffee and tea brewing products and services within the industry.
• Shares knowledge with sales branches and headquarters on effective practices, competitive intelligence, business opportunities, and needs.
• Maintain a detailed equipment comparison worksheet by category type
• Create training videos and materials for cleaning and drink prep by type
• Host monthly reviews with the sales, equipment and marketing teams to provide updates on projects, promotions, new items, etc.
• Must have a complete understanding of brewing concepts and methods based on product types
• Networks to improve the presence and reputation of the company.
• Meet with vendors on a regular basis to review current and new offerings; Identify equipment gaps and opportunities for equipment rationalization
• Able to travel as needed to engage with customers, develop business, and attend industry conferences.
• Good knowledge of mechanical parts, procedures, and other various components required.
• Committed to continuous improvement; proposes corrective actions that meet challenges and leverages growth opportunities.
• Educates the leadership team of best possible equipment, tools, and direction to succeed.
• Works collaboratively with the mindset of obtaining input to come up with solutions.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Proven decision maker.
• Ability, on a consistent basis, to work within the appropriate level of independence.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in related field required
• 8+ years of experience within the equipment /service industry.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience working in foodservice- related environment strongly preferred.
PERSONAL SKILL SETS
• Meets deadlines, follows through on commitments and delivers on promises.
• Able to take broad thinking around business issues and apply to company strategies.
• Strives for continuous growth and improvement.
• Self-starter that is resourceful and can work autonomously.
• Readily and frequently collaborates with others
• Manages time and territory effectively
• Establishes high standards of performance for self and others
PROFESSIONAL SKILL SETS
• Organization and Time Management
• Strong Communication skills, written, and verbal
• Leadership/Developing others
• Strategic and Conceptual Thinking
• Innovation, Creativity, Entrepreneurship