Senior Firmware Engineer - Contract
Summary of the Senior Firmware Engineer - Contract Job:
Senior level Firmware/Embedded Software Engineer with Product Development experience is required for one of our clients in TX. This client is a developer of top-notch technologies for the water, oil, and gas industries. In this position you will be responsible for both leading development efforts and using your design engineering expertise to bring embedded firmware and software product development projects from concept to manufacturing reality. If you are an expert in embedded development through the full project life-cycle then this position is well suited to you.
Responsibilities of the Senior Firmware Engineer - Contract:
- Software/firmware development programming for industrial controllers and other embedded devices
- Development of firmware to run on microcontrollers on custom circuit boards and companion software applications to run on a standard Windows-based computer.
- Perform calculation, analysis and computer aided modeling methods to verify the designs
- Develop test plans and direct testing activities as and when required
- Project management for timely completion within the budget.
- Create and improve product design data which includes software code, documentation, Bills of Material, etc
- Work with outside engineering service and contract engineering providers and collaborate with external and internal resources
Qualifications of the Senior Firmware Engineer - Contract:
- Bachelors degree in EE, SE or CS
- At least 4 years of practical experience with embedded microcontroller-based firmware design and development for industrial and automation systems.
- MUST HAVE Experience in real-time embedded monitoring and control applications development for interfacing with a wide variety of mixed-signal analog and digital I/O types.
- Skilled in signal processing, data acquisition/logging, precision timing, system control, interrupt-handling, debugging, and other techniques.
- Knowledge of a schematic, utilize test equipment such as meters, signal generators, oscilloscopes and knowledge of troubleshooting circuits to the signal level is required
- Experience with hardware peripheral devices using interfaces such as SPI, I2C, PWM, and UART is required.
- Experience with industrial communication protocols such as MODBUS, ProfiBus, DeviceNet, Ethernet along with external signals/interfaces such as Pulse, 4-20mA, Ethernet, USB, RS-232, RS-485 is required
Nice to have Skills/Experience for the Senior Firmware Engineer - Contract Job:
- Experience in developing stand-alone custom internal test tools and commercial end-user Windows-compatible software such as WPF/Forms using Visual Studio .NET/Visual Basic/C#/other data-acquisition hardware and software.
- Background in Industrial / Commercial Product Manufacturing as engineering, developing and releasing new products.
- Experience with industrial HMI types like LCD segmented displays, LCD graphical displays, and touchscreens.
- Experience with PLCs, including HMI design and ladder logic/structured text
- Experience in mobile and web-based apps development
- Experience with Microchip PIC/DSPIC microcontrollers, integrated peripherals, MPLAB, and compatible C/C++ compilers.
Compensations of the Senior Firmware Engineer - Contract:
Salary Range: $45-70/hr, depending on experience. W2 or Corp-to-Corp.
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: None
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful - Product, Electrical, Embedded, Firmware, Software, program, programming, controllers, microcontrollers, circuit, PLC, PCB, test, troubleshoot, troubleshooting, Bills of Material, BoM, Analog, digital, "signal processing", data acquisition, logging, precision, debugging, SPI, I2C, PWM, UART, MODBUS, ProfiBus, DeviceNet, Ethernet, Pulse, 4-20mA, Ethernet, USB, RS-232, RS-485, LCD, HMI, touchscreen, PIC, DSPIC, Microchip, MPLAB, C, C++, C#, WPF, "Visual Studio", .NET, "Visual Basic", "ladder logic"