OMAX Corporation is a rapidly growing, leading provider of precision-engineered abrasive waterjet systems. OMAX has brought together the leading innovators and experts in abrasive waterjet technology, fostering an environment that promotes teamwork and a dedication to excellence. The capabilities of our machines consistently evolve to meet the diverse and changing needs of our customers.
The Senior Mechanical Designer reports to the High Pressure Systems Supervisor. This position is part the team that develops High Pressure Pumps and High Pressure Accessories for our Abrasive Waterjet Machining Systems. The Senior Mechanical Designer, High Pressure will be involved in the activities associated with the design, procurement, assembly, test and documentation of High Pressure components and systems.
- Design precision components for High Pressure Pumps, Control Valves, Nozzles and Assemblies for use in Abrasive Water Jet Machining Systems
- Perform various engineering calculations required to confirm system and component suitability and capability
- Take ownership of assigned projects, from design through release to Manufacturing, following documented OMAX procedures
- Participate in hands-on activities to procure, assemble, test and troubleshoot potential designs prior to Manufacturing release
- Provide troubleshooting support to Manufacturing and Customer Support organizations to resolve issues on the production floor and at customer sites
- Participate actively as both a presenter or reviewer at design reviews and related meetings
- Perform all other duties as deemed necessary by the department manager or supervisor
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years product design experience of complex machinery and/or mechanisms for production that are reliable, manufacturable and serviceable
- Mechanical design and analysis skills, including statics, dynamics, kinematics, strength of materials
- Prior experience in High Pressure Technology (20Ksi and above) is highly desirable
- Experience with stress analysis, both analytical and FEA
- Understanding of mechanical properties of materials, especially fatigue properties
- Working knowledge with fluid mechanics
- Understanding of component selection criteria and manufacturing processes
- Experience with the preparation of detailed manufacturing drawings and familiarity with correct use of geometric tolerancing and current ANSI drafting standards
- Highly Proficient CAD user (SolidWorks preferred)
- Results oriented; high level of personal initiative; keen eye for detail and self-checking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and collaboration skills; ability to work well with supervisor, peers and subordinates
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
OMAX Corporation offers an excellent compensation package that includes a competitive salary, generous benefits such as: medical, dental, and vision coverage, short-term and long-term disability coverage, a 401K Plan with company matching, education reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation and sick time. Only qualified applicants will be contacted; must be able to work for any company within the United States. Fax resumes to (253) 872-9660 or email resumes to email@example.com.
OMAX Corporation is an equal opportunity employer