OMAX Corporation is a rapidly growing, leading provider of precision-engineered abrasive waterjet systems. OMAX has brought together the leading innovators and experts in abrasive waterjet technology, fostering an environment that promotes teamwork and a dedication to excellence. The capabilities of our machines consistently evolve to meet the diverse and changing needs of our customers.
The Senior Mechanical Drafter performs the duties outlined below and collaborates extensively with other groups with regard to the development, improvement and maintenance of OMAX products. They will be responsible for taking ownership of assigned parts from the detailing/drafting processes through release to Manufacturing by following OMAX procedures. The Senior Mechanical Drafter performs these tasks with minimal supervision.
- Create solid models and detailed drawings for complex parts and assemblies
- Assigns geometric tolerances to required part features on complex fabricated parts with minimal supervision
- Calculates fit tolerances between assembled parts
- Establish Bill of Materials (BOMs) within the company ERP/MRP system
- Plans and defines complex BOM structures in conjunction with project lead
- Help purchase parts for projects, work with suppliers, create PO’s & work with purchasing
- Participate in hands-on activities to assemble, test and troubleshoot potential designs prior to Manufacturing release
- Perform other duties as assigned to support Product Engineering group
- All duties as deemed necessary by supervisor/department manager
- 1-year Certification Program focused on 3d Modeling/Drafting, or Associate’s Degree focused on Pre-Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in mechanical drafting, including the preparation of complex and detailed manufacturing drawings. Familiar with correct use of geometric tolerances and current ANSI drafting standards
- Proficient with 3d parametric-based CAD software (SolidWorks preferred), as well as basic Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must have mechanical aptitude and familiarity with machining, fabrication and other manufacturing processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Results oriented; high level of personal initiative to keep tasks moving quickly; keen eye for detail and self-checking
- Good interpersonal and collaboration skills; ability to work equally well with peers, superiors, and subordinates; ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to sit at desk and remain focused for long periods of time
OMAX Corporation offers an excellent compensation package that includes a competitive salary, generous benefits such as medical, dental, and vision coverage, short-term and long-term disability coverage, a 401K Plan with company matching, education reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation and sick time. Only qualified applicants will be contacted; must be able to work for any company within the United States. Fax resumes to (253) 872-9660 or email resumes to email@example.com.
OMAX Corporation is an equal opportunity employer