Rapidly Growing Manufacturing Client Company Staffing a New Division!!!
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Projects) - NY
Sr. Project Mechanical Engineer will implement robust, cost effective automation and process machine systems in Pharmaceuticals glass focused manufacturing plants, development prototypes, and/or sample scale production equipment. Role within group: Member of a cross-functional project teams through concept generation and development, detail design / build, system integration and production start-up in manufacturing. Must be capable of leading/executing project assignments, in a team-based environment, with minimal supervision.
-Member of engineering project teams responsible to deliver robust, cost effective process machine and automation systems to Company manufacturing plants and processes.
-Define, document machine design specifications for production process equipment.
-Interface with external machine builders, system integrators, and supplier
-Prepares or directs the generation of construction drawings.
-Actively participates in system integration /debug, installation, production start-up, and training.
-Report on project activities on a pre-determined basis.
-Maintain records and track expenditures against allocated funds.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
Normal Business Hours (8 – 5, M – F), however, expected to work hours required to achieve project objectives
Estimate travel at 30% depending upon specific project assignment during installation, debug, and start-up.
Minimum Required Education and Experience
B.S Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology
10 – 15 years in mechanical engineering experience in the design and development of production process machinery, dynamic mechanisms, and / or automated systems.
Project Management/Leadership skills.
- High level of technical curiosity.
- Strong fundamental understanding of mechanical design practices, flexible automation, robotics, material handling, and system integration including development of process machine /system design specifications, error budgets, and proof of principle testing.
- 10 – 15 years’ experience developing and delivering fully integrated machine /automation systems to manufacturing requiring the integration of commercially available technologies into robust process manufacturing solutions.
- Familiar with state of the art technologies in the following areas: electro-mechanical drive systems, fluid power, pneumatics, robotics, material handling, alignment, part sensing, and safety standards.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively leverage and manage external machine builders and system integrators for detail design, build, and integration of later stages of machine system implementation.
- Demonstrated skills in 2-D and 3-D CAD, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, and knowledge of ANSI Y14.5-1994 drafting standard.
- Ability to work in a team based environment and participate on a highly matrixed project team.
- Knowledge of glass manufacturing
- Experienced with Solidworks and Autocad design software
- Experience with use of standard computer modeling and analysis software packages used in design of mechanical systems. (FEA)
- Experience designing systems for deployment in “clean room” or “contamination sensitive” applications
- Desire for first principles understanding, core technology ownership
- Prior experience moving a new product / manufacturing process from development into manufacturing
Full relocation package to Corning, NY.
$80,000 - $100,000, maybe more. Plus additional incentives.