Mechanical Engineer, Staff Level (Med Device)
We're focused on maximizing patient and provider safety, while increasing ease of operation.
Caregiver safety. Improved care.
In this role, you will be responsible for design, development, and refinement of mechanical components and sub-systems to meet quality and regulatory standards, and customer needs for our EMS equipment.
1. Knows and applies the fundamental and some advanced concepts, practices and procedures of mechanical engineering design
2. Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of a particular field of specialization to the completion of difficult assignments
3. Develops sub-system level design strategies and may lead design, development, testing & refinement of components and sub-systems according to internal and external standards
4. Works under general supervision and with direction provided by more experienced staff. May be assisted by Design Engineer
5. Demonstrates leadership skills within department
6. Keeps supervisor informed regularly on status of work
7. Assignments may be broad in nature requiring originality and ingenuity
8. Reports observations/problems clearly and concisely, recognizing and highlighting specific deviations and presents possible solutions
9. Recommends changes in procedures and processes
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related field
Qualifications & Experience
- Requires a minimum of (8-12) years of design or related experience. Demonstrated success launching multiple components and sub-systems.
- Must have strong Industry Knowledge to include critical engineering tools.
- Competent with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Eagerness to assist internal and external customers.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Possess high level of attention to detail.