Our client, a global engineering consulting firm has engaged us to identify outstanding ME Sales Engineers for a US territory energy/power sales role for their Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota location.
This role will support our national service line of central utility plant solutions. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and well versed in leading and contributing to engineering teams in the delivery of mechanical systems through planning, engineering, design, commissioning, and energy consulting on complex projects for local and national clients.
This role will require about 40% US travel, representing the company at major trade shows as well as face-to-face SME to clients and prospects.
· Lead and contribute to engineering teams in the delivery of central plants and district energy systems; planning, design, commissioning, energy optimization and consulting on complex projects.
· Management of projects to meet client expectations for technical excellence, budget and schedule.
· Business development and preparation of proposals.
· Develop and maintain client relationships.
· Occasional travel for site visits and client meetings.
· Participate in training and mentoring of staff.
You will need to have:
· Experience leading design projects
· Minimum 15 years’ experience in consulting engineering or district energy systems with design, construction, and startup experience in some or all of the following:
· Chilled water plants
· Heating hot water plants
· Steam plants
· District utility distribution systems in large plant and/ or campus settings
· Electrical power generation plants
· Experience with piping projects
· Experience leading teams in analyzing and solving construction and operational problems.
· Substantial knowledge of building codes and construction industry standards.
· Familiarity with building mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills.
· Experience with MS Office Suite.
· Experience with Revit software
· Licensed Professional Engineer.
This outstanding client offers an exceptional compensation package, benefits and superb engineering environment for it's teams.