OMAX Corporation is a rapidly growing, leading provider of precision-engineered abrasive waterjet systems. OMAX has brought together the leading innovators and experts in abrasive waterjet technology, fostering an environment that promotes teamwork and a dedication to excellence. The capabilities of our machines consistently evolve to meet the diverse and changing needs of our customers.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer Lead provides design leadership and supervision to a small team composed of mechanical engineers working on new product development activities for Abrasive Waterjet Machining Systems.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer Lead collaborates extensively with other groups within the Product Development team on product engineering initiatives and provides support for the manufacturing, customer support and sales groups. This position reports to the Director of Product Engineering.
- Lead mechanical design activities within the Accessories group which encompasses are wide variety of diverse waterjet system components including high precision multi-axis positioning mechanisms, abrasive storage and delivery systems, solids removal systems, and water/garnet separation and filtration systems
- Design, develop and validate concepts that meet product design goals (performance, cost, manufacturability, serviceability) in a fast-paced environment with a quick development cycle from engineering to production
- Maintain and monitor status of your direct reports relative to task and project assignments
- Improve and maintain policies and procedures for design, design reviews, validation, BOM, drawings, documentation and release to production
- Work with Product Engineering, R&D, and Software Development to specify product requirements, determine mechanical architectures and design approaches, and participate in design reviews
- Plan and manage project schedules and regularly communicate status to stakeholders
- Provide troubleshooting support to Manufacturing and Customer support organizations to resolve issues on the production floor and at customer sites
- Perform a wide array of mechanical design calculations
- Perform all other duties as deemed necessary by the department manager or supervisor
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum of 10 years product development experience
- Proven experience in designing complex machines and mechanisms for production that are reliable, manufacturable and serviceable
- Ability to conceptualize system architectures and translate to design specifications, designs and finished parts
- Mechanical design and analysis skills, including statics, dynamics, kinematics, strength of materials, stress analysis and FEA
- Experienced with all phases of the product development lifecycle including design, implementation, debug, verification, qualification, and transfer to Manufacturing.
- Highly proficient CAD user (SolidWorks preferred)
- Strong understanding of component selection criteria and manufacturing processes
- Experience with motion control, pneumatics and hydraulic systems
- Working knowledge of software and electrical systems
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Well organized; able to manage projects at a detailed level
- Ability to succeed in roles as a cross functional development team member and as an independent contributor
- Leadership skills to motivate and inspire a group while forming collaborative relationships with other internal organizations
- Cognizant of relevant safety requirements and comfortable working with industrial equipment in a hands-on fashion with appropriate training (CNC tools, Abrasive Waterjet Machining Systems, etc.)
OMAX Corporation offers an excellent compensation package that includes a competitive salary, generous benefits such as: medical, dental, and vision coverage, short-term and long-term disability coverage, a 401K Plan with company matching, education reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation and sick time. Only qualified applicants will be contacted; must be able to work for any company within the United States. Fax resumes to (253) 872-9660 or email resumes to email@example.com.
OMAX Corporation is an equal opportunity employer