Sr. Piping Systems Engineer / Project Engineer / Subject Matter Expert in …
Upstream Oil & Gas Piping Systems Engineering …
$225,000 + or more SALARY + Excellent Benefits
… Needed with Extensive, Successful Work Experience in Onshore and Offshore, Upstream Oil & Gas Production, Gathering and Processing Facilities providing Piping System Engineering Design, Project Engineering Support, Construction & Start-up Support, Technical Support,
Production Operations Support & Maintenance Support Globally
LOCATION: Houston, TX - Comprehensive Company-paid Relocation Plan
SALARY RANGE: Over $225,000 Annual Salary / Excellent Comprehensive Benefits
POSITION TYPE: Company Direct-Hire, Long-Term Career Opportunity, Full-Time
TRAVEL: Typically the Position provides technical support and project management specifically relating to the areas as mentioned above from the Houston corporate office. The ability to tele-commute, working at home does exist on a limited flex-basis, however, also comes with that the demands to answer calls from home from international locations globally during evening hours or weekends as needed. Occasional global travel for several weeks or a month at a time does occur but is not frequent.
Being the corporate subject-matter expert on piping systems does occasionally demand on-site visits to global locations.
THE CLIENT / WHO WE ARE
* Our Firm has supplied engineering talent on a direct-hire basis to this client-company for decades.
* This is NOT a short-term, contract position. This is a wonderful long-term, career opportunity with a profitable, stable and very safety-conscience, fully integrated oil and gas operating company with operations globally. As part of the team, you will be working with the best. We guide qualified job candidates through the Hiring Process based on our many years of success in placing engineering talent with our client.
* The opening is due to a pending retirement and is a wonderful career opportunity.
* The Sr. Upstream Piping Engineer Subject Matter Expert has extensive upstream oil & gas development and production industry experience in the equipment selection, design, fabrication, start-up, troubleshooting, maintenance and operation of piping systems for onshore and offshore upstream oil and gas production facilities and plants.
* The Sr. Upstream Piping Engineer’s experience includes professional working design experience with all upstream oil and gas piping components to include piping, valves, flanges, strainers, fittings, etc. This includes equipment specification, layout, 3D Modeling, stress analysis and technical support when needed at the factory or field for troubleshooting.
* The Sr. Piping Engineer has experience performing detailed engineering reviews, performing and evaluating engineering analyses, troubleshooting piping systems and overseeing the technical work of less experienced engineers and of vendors and contractors.
* The Sr. Piping Engineer will provide Subject Matter Expertise to the company’s worldwide production facilities and capital projects in the area of piping systems for the company’s upstream, onshore and offshore oil and gas production facilities and processing plants providing piping systems engineering design and technical support worldwide from (primarily) Houston, TX.
* Reviewing capital projects and contractor deliverables ensuring compliance with project specifications, design practices, best practices, and codes and standards including Piping & Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs), piping material specifications, piping arrangements, technical studies, data sheets, and vendor proposals is experience required.
* Participates in design reviews, HAZOPs, risk assessments, vendor bid evaluations and vendor qualifications including vendor inspection, testing and problem solving.
* Provides technical evaluations addressing equipment and system design issues, and operation and maintenance issues.
* Provides engineering expertise addressing ( RCFA ) Root Cause Failure Analysis.
* Supports and maintains discipline documentation pertinent to the company’s upstream oil and gas facilities.
* Mentors less experienced engineers.
* Develops and maintains piping technical expertise though company standards & stays current in pertinent technologies by participating in industry conferences & forums such as ASME, API, NACE, etc.
* Deals with other company personnel, contractors and vendors in a diplomatic yet assertive manner when necessary to ensure compliance with industry piping codes and standards, and/or company safety standards and/or engineering standards, and/or scheduling concerns and/or budgetary concerns.
* Maintains compliance with company ethics and standards in all business conduct.
* Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering; other degrees may be considered.
* Extensive knowledge of: Oil and Gas industry design standards, to include specifications, codes, and safety criteria to include:
ASME B16 series; ASME B31.1 and B31.3;
API 6A, 6D and RP 14E;
API 598, 600, 602, 607, 608, 609 and 623;
EJMA, and CAESAR II analysis software, to include static and dynamic analysis of complex piping systems including valves and other apparatus.
* Experience with 3D Modeling software programs.
* Onshore and offshore oil and gas piping system design is necessary.
* In-depth knowledge, professional experience, troubleshooting skills and problem solving skills in dealing with all components of upstream oil and gas piping systems to include but not limited to the various valves used in Upstream Oil & Gas Piping Systems is required.
* Strong management, organizational, and technical engineering skills.
* Ability to respond to tight deadlines, frequent changes in priorities, and heavy workloads.
* Strong leadership, interpersonal skills and the ability to persuade, to include the ability to be assertive is an integral part of this position.
* Strong organizational, coordination, planning, and interpersonal skills.
* Excellent communication skills to include the ability to read, write, and speak English.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office software programs.
* Willing and able to travel as sometimes required and sometimes maybe for a month or more.
APPLY NOW FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION
* Your Job Search Will be Kept Strictly Confidential.
* We Will Contact You Prior to Sending You to our Client for Consideration.
* We Will Provide You With Practical Knowledge of Successful Interviewing.
* We Never Charge Job Seekers.
OUR CLIENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER a