Productive Resources has been providing engineering services to some of the nation’s largest and most renowned companies for almost fifteen years. Our reputation for quality, teamwork, and innovative solutions keeps our clients turning to us to meet their engineering service’s needs. Our contacts and experience combined with your technical expertise equals career possibilities for you.
This opportunity is for a Supplier Quality Engineer on site at our client. As an employee of Productive Resources, you will provide quality planning, control, and improvement support for product development teams, manufacturing engineering, supply management, and manufacturing and/or distribution organizations to assure product quality meets the customers' expectations. This include the application of quality tools within the Enterprise Product Delivery Process (EPDP), Enterprise Order Fulfillment Process (EOFP) and Customer Support Process (CSP). Also supports application of quality tools with key suppliers as an integral element of quality planning.
· Ensuring quality activities and plans are formulated and followed.
· Participate, generate, validate, facilitate/and or conduct Quality Plan Levels, Project Risk Assessments, Design Reviews, System, Design, Process FMEAs, Design Process and Assembly Reviews, ISIRs, Gage R&Rs and Capability studies for components and assemblies.
· Engage in applying/leading Quality tools in Continuous Improvement and Product Delivery Process (PDP) teams. Encourage early interaction of both customer and supplier input to team activities.
· Monitor and facilitate quality activities to support the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP).
· Engage in applying/leading Quality tools on Customer Product Support (CPS), Continuous Improvement (CI), and/or Value Improvement (VI) teams.
· Investigate unit and product quality problems, determine root cause for quality problems, gathers and analyzes data and implements corrective action to reduce or eliminate non-value waste resulting from non-conformances, scrap or reclaim. Drives prevention actions.
· Use quality tools and practices to establish approval criteria to ensure the identification of quality failure concerns for both internal and external manufactured parts and assemblies. An example is Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (FMEA).
· Execute Quality Control Plans.
· Assist in identifying, communicating and resolving supplier quality problems.
· Engage in supplier quality plan formulation as necessary.
· Monitor and facilitate quality activities for part approval, verifies manufacturing processes (control plans, assembly instructions) and confirms process capability.
· Manage Supplier Change Requests.
· Perform Supplier Quality Audits (G223, Red flag audits) for new and critical suppliers.
· Verify supplier manufacturing processes (e.g. control plans, assembly instructions, etc.) and confirm process capability.
· Support Physical builds. Perform Process Verification Audits internally and at supplier sites for new and critical suppliers.
· Facilitate and write quality procedures for maintaining/updating the quality system and supports quality system audits, reviews result with audit team.
No sponsorships are available for this opportunity.
· A minimum of 2 years of experience in Manufacturing & Industrial background, and/or Quality Engineering.
· Excellent communicator, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment.
· Educational and professional experience in engineering.
· Demonstrated ability as a self-starter.
· High sense of urgency and prioritization skills.
· Excellent facilitation and organizational skills.
· Previous experience working with manufacturing commodities.
· Knowledge of drawing and schematic interpretation, product models, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
· Experience in developing Control Plans
· Experience in Problem Resolution Process
· MS Office Tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
· NCCA System.
· Supply Network & Supplier Change Requests.
· Reasonable understanding of EPDP and/or current product Change Management Process.
· Quality Manual and Quality Production Systems.
If you are the right person, if you have the expertise we need, submit your resume now!