Sustaining R&D Staff Engineer – Critical Care
The Sustaining R&D Staff Engineer is a key technical role that supports manufacturing sites and divisional functions. This position is responsible for owning existing product designs and value driven engineering for Critical Care Operations Engineering. This person will provide engineering knowledge and critical thinking to the validation of changes that affect the design of existing Critical Care products.
The Sustaining R&D Engineer will help to accomplish the redesigning of established products for greater value and lower cost. This person will provide the knowledge of customer needs and design features to assess and establish the engineering requirements that are essential for the performance and quality of the device. This person will guide the establishment of test criteria and test method development to establish the device performance. This person will collaborate within a cross-functional team to define and accomplish the development and validation strategies.
Key responsibilities include:
· Responsibility to support design projects for established products targeted to add value, stay current with regulatory requirements, and proactively pre-empt obsolescence.
· Evaluate existing design features and define the functional design requirements that meet customer needs.
· Provide leadership and critical thinking to cross-functional teams.
· Provide subject matter expertise in matters of design control for established Critical Care products.
· Develop, characterize, and implement new manufacturing processes that improve Critical Care’s capability globally.
· Support facility, equipment, product, process validations, troubleshooting and ongoing improvements.
· Liaison between manufacturing sites, NPD R&D, and divisional functions.
· Encourage the adoption of best practices throughout Critical Care Operations in areas such as six sigma and lean.
· Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
· A bachelor's degree in engineering is required, mechanical engineering degree is preferred. A master's degree is preferred.
· A minimum of 6 years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 5 years of experience with a Master’s Degree.
· The ideal candidate will have experience with the new product development process and creation of design specifications.
· Must have a good understanding of traditional plastic manufacturing methods and familiarity with automation.
· Must be able to work with limited supervision, think critically, and communicate effectively
· Strong understanding of engineering fundamentals, and an ability to deconstruct real world issues into root engineering causes.
· Knowledge of statistics and the application of statistical tools, such as SPC and DOE is preferred.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
No sponsorship visa (H1-B, etc) candidates at this time, sorry.
Qualified candidates must submit their resume in Microsoft Word format along with at least three professional references to:
COYOTE TECHNICAL & EXECUTIVE SOURCING
Director of Sourcing
3735 SW 8th Street, Suite 205
Miami, FL 33134
Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/CoyoteTech
Link up on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/pub/phil-montoya/18/7a0/617
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/CoyoteTech_Phil
For more job openings, please visit http://jobs.coyotesourcing.com/jobseeker/Search.aspx