Our client is one of the world leaders in laboratory equipment and services. They have an immediate opportunity for a System Specialist for their Raman Technologies products line. This position will be based in the Richmond, VA area.
The Systems Specialist travels to customer locations to provide on-site installations and commissioning expertise of highly complex measuring and laboratory instruments (ISO 17025 standards may apply).
Secondary duties include the on-going support of those customers through routine applications and service support. Additional functions may include being a mentor for new and existing Field Service Engineers as well as training newly hired service personnel.
- Utilizes knowledge of scientific principles and knowledge of the company's highly complex instruments in order to provide installation and commissioning services for newly purchased systems
- Provides on-going applications support in order to improve and maintain customer success with the use of their instruments
- Delivers on-site and in-house service to assigned product lines
- Consults with Technical Sales Representatives and Sales and Service Management on quality related issues and recommends appropriate action
- Investigates, analyzes, and diagnoses whether instrumentation is functioning properly. Advises customer accordingly
- Evaluates malfunctioning instruments to ascertain cause of malfunction
- Uses common and specialized tools/procedures with respect to calibrations, trouble-shooting, maintenance, and repair of scientific instruments
- Performs factory calibrations and preventative maintenance of instruments according to established instructions
- Identifies and forwards sales opportunities to Technical Sales Representatives where an opportunity may be present
- Maintain proper and correct records of parts and supplies used and related business expenses
- Frequent overnight travel is required
- Advanced knowledge of the theoretical and practical application of engineering science and technology
- Skill in using electronic schematics, electronic testing equipment and repair tools in order to assist and support service engineers
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- 1-3+ years working with Raman Technologies / Spectroscopy Instruments either in usage, service, or support capacity.
- BS degree in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, or another technical discipline is required
What the Company offers:
- Generous salary, low-cost outstanding family benefits package that starts on day one and opportunity for advancement with a growing company.