Productive Resources has been providing engineering services to some of the nation’s largest and most renowned companies for almost fifteen years. Our reputation for quality, teamwork, and innovative solutions keeps our clients turning to us to meet their engineering service’s needs. Our contacts and experience combined with your technical expertise equals career possibilities for you.
This opportunity is for a 2nd shift Unit Supervisor on site at our client. As an employee of Productive Resources, you will be responsible for achieving departmental/area goals and objectives. Supervise semi to highly skilled production and/or maintenance employees on an assigned shift to ensure the manufacture of products within established delivery, quality, safety and cost standards. The supervisor is the first-line liaison between the production employees and the management staff and thus also serves the function of representing the company's interests with the shop floor staff.
· Establish employee environment regarding communications, feedback and overall guidance.
· Ensure that assigned personnel have appropriate training, work instruction and tools to successfully do their job.
· Monitor Control Plans, troubleshoot workmanship problems and generally supervises production activities to ensure that manufactured products meet or exceed all established quality requirements.
· Administer employee policies, practices, procedures and work rules appropriate for the unit.
· Monitor individual and line performance and takes corrective action including discipline, as needed and responds to complaints to insure the Company and employees adheres to policies, practices, procedures and work rules.
· Determine manufacturing and/or distribution priorities based on the production schedule and makes daily assignments including filling vacancies and assigning overtime to adhere to the Customer Delivery date.
· Plan for maintenance of equipment and facilities to maximize the uptime and utilization of capital equipment assets.
· Monitor and make corrections to stay within the department operating budget targets.
· Direct departmental continuous improvement plans and activities.
· Implement and monitor safety programs and housekeeping.
No sponsorships are available for this opportunity.
· Work hours of 2nd shift 2:30 pm to 11:00 pm.
· Must have excellent computer and communications skills.
· Previous supervisory experience.
· Manager prefers candidates with at least 2-year degree in any field.
If you are the right person, if you have the expertise we need, submit your resume now!